** CONTRACTED HOURS AVAILABLE **
Address: 21 Claremont Grove, Exmouth EX8 2JW
JOB TITLE: Community Care Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Registered Manager and Directors
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: CONTRACTED HOURS AVAILABLE – DBS paid for (repayable if you leave within a year ) FREE uniform and equipment provided
Excellent rates of pay – Enhanced pay Bank Holidays , Fantastic Enhanced evening and weekend pay – Opportunity of overtime when available
FREE Training and Development – All staff are PAID to attend
Personal training development courses available – Regular staff reviews and appraisals
Staff Employee of the Month awards – Friend referral reward scheme – Social Events
SCOPE OF POST: Enabling and supporting clients to live in their own homes or environment of choice as independently as is practicable for as long as they desire to do so by providing day-to-day personal, emotional and physical care, encouragement and practical assistance delivered sensitively and compassionately respecting their privacy and dignity in a manner which reflects their personal preferences and interests as laid down in the Plan of Care
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• To familiarise and adhere to current best practices, according to policy and procedures agreed standards, legislative requirements, best practice and relevant guidelines in order to deliver a high standard of care and services to each individual client
• Ensure all home visits are for the time allowed. Follow the correct plan of care and complete all tasks on the PASS system documenting accurately and efficiently after a visit.
• Assist clients getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing bathing, and toileting and managing continence.
• Assist clients in the chosen time to get ready or retire to bed
• To support clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including continence, including use care of aids and personal equipment when assessed they are required
• To support clients who are end of life.
• Support clients with their medication
• To escort and/or drive clients to appointments
• To provide companionship on a professional basis by accompanying them on outings or in their own environment in order for them to follow their chosen lifestyle
• To undertake light household duties – making and changing beds, tidy rooms, ironing, washing up and do light cleaning, prepare meals
• To report immediately to management any noticeable changes in health, behaviour or circumstances of clients whilst maintaining the clients right to privacy and dignity.
• To report to the office, and record any accidents both to clients or yourself and any other member of staff
• Follow the correct procedures if you have general or specific concerns in relation to clients, their care, the facilities in the client’s environment or any Health and Safety matters
• Conduct yourself professionally at all times; remember you are a guest in the client’s home.
• Liaise and work alongside carers, advocates, health professionals and other care organisations in effecting a co-ordinated and seamless package of care when required to do so
• Keep up to date with all training and attend all meetings, mandatory training sessions and refreshers.
This list is not exhaustive and will change as the job role evolves. Additional responsibilities may be added. We encourage suggestions which enable Premier Community services to reach its full potential. Updated March 2019
Knowledge of –
An understanding on the principles of supporting people within the relevant service user group -desirable
An understanding of health and safety matters relevant to community support and the associated reporting systems- desirable
Principles of person centred care desirable
Evidence of experience of working with people within the relevant service group desirable
Evidence of recent experience and training relevant to the service group desirable
Full driving Licence is ESSENTIAL and use of own vehicle
Good standard of education – desirable
NVQ in Health and Social Care Level 2 or 3 Diploma or equivalent – desirable
Skills that are essential –
Listening, verbal and written communication skills
To be able to document information and carry out duties following both written and verbal instructions within written guidelines
To be able to participate in ‘housekeeping activities such as cooking and cleaning
Qualities /Abilities that are essential–
Willingness to assist service users in their personal care and hygiene
Ability to show a positive attitude to supporting the relevant service user group and helping them to take as much responsibility as possible for their own lives
Ability to build friendly and supportive relationships with service users and their relatives and friends
Ability to communicate effectively , showing tact, patience, sensitivity and courteousness even in stressful situations
Ability to work a flexible shift system including some evenings and every other weekend
Willingness to learn and use skills appropriate to the job by pursuing developmental opportunities